Director, Data Analysis & Strategy, Distribution
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
With over 100 unique data sets and numerous third-party data providers competing to be the dominant currency in our industry, A E Networks is faced with the need to work with more data than ever before. The person in this role will focus on evaluating methodologies, data quality and best analytics practices that will help advance A E's data capabilities on both traditional TV and cross-platform sides of our business.
• Responsible for the evaluation of all third-party data sets that could be utilized across all key business units (including Ad Sales, Programming, Distribution, Digital, etc.)
• Assess the methodologies, data quality and synergies across various third-party data sets and develop strategic recommendations on behalf of the Distribution Research eam.
• Perform data-validation for new data products A E considers to onboard
• Conduct cost-benefit analyses and identify the most relevant use cases for the new data sets with a goal to drive the most value for the company.
• Create greater data use efficiencies for the Distribution Research team.
• Manage all aspects of MediaMorph from data ingestion, to rectifying issues, to creating the calculations related to ''normalizing'' data across numerous data sets.
• Responsible for development of quantitative data models enabling the Distribution Research team to determine:
• causality of certain performance trends;
• predicting future impact by performing regression analyses;
• inform on multiplatform strategy by performing valuation of opportunity analyses, etc.
• Apply higher-level analytics to develop business cases in order to leverage A E Networks' content into greater revenue opportunities.
• Manage the relationships with third party advanced analytics vendors to ensure A E maximizes the benefits of these data partnerships
• Evaluate the quality of the data from trusted sources that cover MVPDs, vMVPDs, SVOD, TV Everywhere, and Social Media, etc. Determine which data sets are best-suited to answer specific business questions and to use for projects. Work with the VP, Distribution Research and Advanced Measurement Solutions to generate automated methods (dashboards, reports, etc.) of processing & disseminating the data in the most efficient manner.
• Proactively identify and evaluate potential data partnerships that may benefit individual departments as well as A E Networks as a whole.
• Collaborate with the VP, Distribution Research and Advanced Measurement Solutions and the Sr. Director of Multiplatform Research to identify the most appropriate data solutions for A E Networks.
• Develop POV communications / presentations that address the numerous industry headlines on behalf of the Distribution group for both internal and external consumption.
Qualification Requirements Working knowledge of media data and research systems related to linear TV, Digital, and other emerging platforms (preferred)
High level of expertise in MS suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access); Tableau; MediaMorph (preferred)
Previous media experience (preferred)
Expertise in data base management (i.e. MediaMorph)
6 years of previous analytics experience
Previous experience in ad supported cable landscape; prior work with cable distributors, or brand research with heavy quantitative background.
Educational Requirements 4 yr. college graduate (degree in Math, Computer Science or Statistics preferred); Advanced Degree (MBA preferred) Other Skills and Knowledge Needs to be able to toggle between roles, projects and reporting systems.
#LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.