Director, Consumer Products
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE CONSUMER PRODUCTS TEAMThe Consumer Products Team is a small and nimble revenue-generating group which is tasked with developing and managing programs that introduce and grow the company's brands/franchises to existing and new audiences (US and abroad).
The Consumer Products Team leverages A E's portfolio of leading network brands (A&E, LIFETIME, HISTORY, Lifetime Movies, FYI, VICELAND) and diverse collection of globally recognizable TV franchises, to conceive, develop and bring to market new products, services and experiences.
Reporting to the VP, Consumer Products, this is a high-profile role that will drive all initiatives within the Consumer Products team to generate revenue growth and build awareness for A E brands and franchises. The Director will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and data-driven plan for the Consumer Products business.
Directing both internal and external resources, this person will drive incremental value from existing partner relationships, develop and execute new licensing programs, expand existing products into new distribution channels and new territories, build and grow a profitable eCommerce business, and ensure all licensing partners deliver best in class products that consistently exceed customer/audience expectations.
• Collaborate with VP Consumer Products and SVP Corporate Development/Ventures to create and execute a clear, simple, data-driven, reality-based, customer-focused strategy
• Provide daily management and oversight of business partners and licensees (US and international), including relationship development, product development, and revenue growth
• Oversee and directly participate in all pitches, presentations, and negotiations where A E brands or franchises are being represented by external partners (agents, licensees, etc.)
• Develop and execute and annual strategy, release schedule, and action plan for international home entertainment (DVD) business
• Develop strategy, launch, and manage the A E Networks eCommerce business and associated partner eCommerce partners/vendors
• Conduct regular analysis of key areas for business growth to identify and pursue potential new expansion opportunities from untapped or under-developed areas
• When appropriate, negotiate deal terms and work with the Legal department to support the creation, negotiation, and execution of term sheets, contracts, and agreements
• Partner with Finance team to review payables, receivables, business performance, operating, and contractual metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, basis
• Analyze retail environments and recognize specific retailer needs, incorporate these needs into the strategy and drive process to identify, maximize, and secure new retail opportunities for A E
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure licensing strategies address market needs and opportunities while meeting Consumer Products business objectives
• Build long-term relationships with third parties (licensees, partners, retailers, etc.) to uncover and gain access to new opportunities
• Sufficiently inform VP of Consumer Products and SVP of Corporate Development of all activities so as to ensure confidence in the day to day business and progress toward exceeding all targets
• Closely monitor performance, processes, and metrics to continually provide actionable insights and improve workflow, operations, and efficiencies of the Consumer Products function
• Develop and mentor junior team members and support their career growth and progress in the company
• Demonstrated track record of continuously growing revenues and effectively managing teams, vendors, and partners to deliver commercial value
• 10 years of experience in comparable role coupled with demonstrated knowledge of the Media & Entertainment, Broadcast Television, Retail, or eCommerce industries
• Ability to work well with, and earn respect of, diverse constituents – including marketing, programming, research, digital, finance, strategy, international, distribution, legal, etc.
• A bias for action and a desire to take calculated risks based on best available data and insights
• Drives for standardization and simplification, with a laser sharp focus on the details on all things
• Impeccable oral, written, and visual communication skills, with comfort speaking in public and interacting with all levels of management
Educational Requirements Exceptional academic credentials from highly competitive university and/or graduate school Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.