Digital Project Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Digital Project Manager (Project)
Part of the International Digital team, the Digital Project Manager is responsible for day to day management, documentation and planning of digital projects for A E's International division.
Specific projects will vary and may include consumer or B2B websites, microsites, apps, OTT platforms, as well as video content and management tools. The Digital Project Manager will need to manage across a wide array of project participants including internal stakeholder (IT, Programming, Marketing, Social Media, Creative, Ad Sales, etc), International stakeholder (local market teams) and external vendors. The role provides management, reporting and continuous improvement of the International Digital team's resources and products and ensures alignment with departmental long-term goals.
He/She is the day-to-day point of contact for technical issues and product support for A E Networks' International Sales and Channel Partners.
• Work with IT Project Managers and Business Analysts where appropriate to plan any deliverables
• Manage key internal stakeholders and partners' expectations throughout any project or daily channel initiative through regular communications.
• Work with IT Project Managers and Testing teams to plan and manage the testing and required quality assurance of change.
• Work with thePlatform technical team, US and International Digital to create workflows and efficiencies for delivering content to Channel Partners and Sales
• Responsible for ensuring all projects are delivered against agreed scope
• Identifying key customer experience and business benefits with any new concepts, clearly agreeing the goals, objectives, and scope of a project or initiative
• Defining anticipated time and scope working with IT, Digital and International Teams and third party business suppliers for inclusion in business case or rationale
• Analyzing trends to determine and define appropriate customer experience for each channel
• Keeping abreast of industry trends, to ensure the channel stays ahead of the competition
• Ensure that live projects or initiatives meet proposed benefits and objectives as outlined in the business case, owning projects through to benefits measurement and delivery.
• In conjunction with IT and the International Digital Team provide on-going support of B2B web sites
• Implement regular progress reporting and communications to all business areas and business stakeholders detailing project progress, advising of any scope change and celebrating project successes
• Ensure operational effectiveness of websites (B2B)
• Delivery of short-form and mid-form content via thePlatform to Channel Partners
• Maintain thePlatform accounts for the B2B sites, SVOD products, Channel Partners and any and all APIs leveraged
• Work with thePlatform technical team and US Digital to maintain the health and organization of content within ALL International thePlatform accounts – B2B, Channel Partners, SVOD, International
• Full understanding of programming licensing agreements and Channel Partner restrictions as it applies to the delivery of short and mid-form content.
• Domain securitization
• Support vendor management and alignment with terms of service level agreement
• Provide point of escalation within business for issues that have arisen and have to be managed internally or with third party non-IT suppliers
• Ensure business monitoring of Website and other projects' performance
• Proven Project Management experience in a B2C and/or B2B environment essential
• An understanding of usability, accessibility and analytics
• Strong technical aptitude.
• A thorough understanding of Digital product development – front-end development, integration with back-end systems
• Strong understanding of and experience with Video Media Services – thePlatform, Brightcove, YouTube
• Create, maintain and update detailed project plans that will drive expert schedule, resource and client/vendor management
• Strong understanding of and experience with CDNs – Akamai, Limelight, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels within internal departments and external agencies and with the ability to explain complex elements in a simple way
• Highly organized, focused and committed to achieving goals
• Ability to work within deadlines on several initiatives simultaneously
• Strong team player, with the ability to manage and prioritize own work and be autonomous.
• Strong analytical skills - able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends
Educational Requirements A total of 4-6 years digital project management experience is required. Other Skills and Knowledge Knowledge of the Media & Entertainment industry desirable but not essential.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.