Coordinator, On-Air Promo Scheduling
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, On-Air Promo Scheduling (Non-Staff)
• Traffic and schedule all on-air promotion for A&E spots under direction of Senior Director of On-Air Promotions, History/A&E/History Espanol/Military History/CI.
• Ensure spots are meeting deadlines and that there is clear communication between on-air promo and: network operations, creative, and program scheduling.
• Ensure that all spots scheduled are correct and approved for air.
• Manage Promo Scheduling System and daily scheduling of promos on commercial logs
• Manage Promo Database Inventory (maintain and update promo inventory in database system)
• Maintain and updated promo files
• Manage and Coordinate End Credit Promo Scheduling
• Liaison with writer/producers for assignment deadlines
• Liaison with Stamford Net Ops staff for all trafficking needs
• Assist Senior Director On-Air Promotions in other responsibilities as needed
• Position's primary network responsibility will be A&E but will also support History frequently and on occasion will work on other brands (A&E, CI, History Espanol, Military History).
College degree required. 1 year experience as a Traffic Coordinator for an ad agency, broadcast network or cable network or experience as an Associate Producer in an on-air promotion department for network or cable preferred. Minimum internship experience required. Strong Word and Excel skills. Problem solver with strong communication skills and ability to flag potential problems and propose a course of action to resolve these issues in an efficient and speedy manner. Ability to multi-task, work efficiently under pressure and react quickly to change. Knowledge of Gabriel, Grip-It, or other promo scheduling software a plus . Ability to learn new software programs essential. Must be available to contact after hours and work overtime hours as necessary. Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview: A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.