Coordinator, Creative Affairs
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, detail-oriented, proactive and responsible individual to serve as Coordinator, Creative Affairs. Located in the Los Angeles office, this position would be responsible for supporting the SVP of Scripted Programming. Specifically, this position would:
• Maintain executive's daily schedule and continuously follow up regarding calendar updates to ensure it is accurate.
• Handle a heavy volume of incoming calls and constantly update call log.
• Publish weekly status reports as well as maintain a submissions log to track all incoming and outgoing materials.
• Manage meeting preparation including:
• scheduling/setting up conference room, preparing agenda,
handling presentations, preparing research, providing individual and company profiles, sourcing press clippings, managing audio-visual materials as well as any additional required materials.
• Complete special projects by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
• Schedule pitch meetings, notes meetings, and general creative meetings; manage the flow of incoming and outgoing material from the network.
• Read scripts and analyze projects as needed.
• Sort mail, draft emails/memos and handle correspondence for internal/external clients.
• Prepare expense reports and check requests, submit to finance and keep track of payments.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a role. Extensive entertainment or agency experience as well as be familiar with all the agencies, relevant TV producers, networks and studios with exposure to scripted programming preferred. The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Highly organized team player who successfully operates in a team-oriented setting.
• Strong communication, judgment and people skills.
• Must have the ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information as well as the ability to work independently, efficiently and able to meet deadlines.
• Strong writing skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
To view all of our career opportunities visit: www.aenetworks.com/careers or to learn more about A E Networks and our brands visit us at: www.aenetworks.com .
Educational Requirements The candidate will have a four-year college degree Other Skills and Knowledge Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Company Overview: At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.