Business Analyst, IT Media Applications
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
This role is not a financial analyst position. We are looking for a candidate with IT experience.
This position will be responsible for analyzing and documenting user requirements and procedures, problem solving, and application support. The BA will support the efforts to provide new solutions and enhancements to customers, automate processing and improve existing business processes and associated information systems for Enterprise Media Asset Management (video, images, photos, music, etc.), Post-Production, Broadcast Operations, On-Air Promotions, Marketing and other Production departments.
He/She will work closely with the MAM client users as well as IT (QA and Development) and Vendor delivery teams in providing system solutions for media asset management throughout A E. This role will also work closely with other members of the IT team as the need surfaces to provide more holistic solutions across digital, linear and Business Intelligence.
• Gathers business requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
• Provides analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understands the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
• Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
• Provides mock-ups of user interface. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the system and maintains them. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
• Work closely with development team in application support of current systems.
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
Maintain System Documentation:
• Review and update existing workflows and requirements documentation.
• Create documents for undocumented workflows and requirements.
• Organize and store all documents electronically in a manner in which they can easily located and retrieved.
• Work with Vendor to validate and maintain documentation and workflows of final solution deployed into production.
Assist with development of the system roadmap for enhancements and process updates.
• Through interaction with clients and a deep understanding of the requirements, the BA will identify needed enhancements and process changes.
Assist fellow team IT members:
• Work with QA to provide test plans and test cases, based on intimate knowledge of system functions and workflows.
• Work with development on enhancements and trouble-shooting
• Work with management to identify issues and roadmap
Qualification Requirements Requirements:
• Must have experience in managing projects using Oracle, SQLServer, Visual Basic, Source Control, Web Development/management experience
• Experience in the television industry
• Must have been involved in full life cycle of projects.
• Must have design and analysis experience in large full life cycle software development projects with a scope of 5 people and have data-modeling experience
• Must have experience in implementing large scale package software
• One must have excellent people skills, communications skills, writing skills, and ability to support multiple projects
• Priority/risk management skills
• Coordination of internal and external resources
• Management of client's expectations
• Experience in collaborating with diverse project teams and shepherding the process of critical decision-making, prioritization and compromise.
• Experience with MAM systems (video, images, photos, music)
• Experience Workflow/scheduling tool such as OAP
• Experience in media and broadcast operations
• Experience with post production workflow including ingest, deep archive, linear & non-linear editing and transcoding
• Experience with production workflows
• Experience in digital asset management and distribution
Educational Requirements BA or BS
MBA or MS desired Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.