Ad Sales Research Manager, International
A+E NetworksLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We're currently seeking a super analytical Research Manager with a passion for deriving insight from data, who wants to work in a collaborative and fun environment! This is an exciting time to join the Research team at A E Networks – You will provide strong sales arguments and recommendation in support of the day-to-day needs of the Ad sales, Affiliate and Content Sales team. The successful candidate will be part of the Global Research team at A E Networks. There are four members of the team: two in the NY office and two in the London office. The Research Manager will report directly into the Global Research Director in the London office.
A E Networks, LLC. is an award-winning global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs to gaming and educational software. A E Networks is comprised of A&E® Network, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, BIO.™, H2™, HISTORY en Español™, Crime & Investigation Network™, Military HISTORY™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation. A E Networks International™ markets the quality programming and proven success of HISTORY®, A&E® Network, Lifetime®, BIO.®, Crime & Investigation Network®, and H2™ in all international markets outside of the United States. Through innovative joint-venture partnerships and licensing agreements, the International division has expanded the presence of A E Networks' channels and branded blocks around the world. The International division also handles content sales, format sales and broadband and mobile licensing of content from the A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime catalogues to international broadcasters. The International division oversees 57 channels around the world, reaching more than 300 million households in over 150 countries in 37 languages. A E Networks International has offices in New York, London and Singapore.
• Support the global and pan-regional ad sales business with consumer research and insight to inform decision-making and future growth of the A E portfolio of channels.
• Provide strong sales arguments and recommendation in support of the day-to-day needs of the ad sales team.
• Provide research & insight for affiliate negotiations to key stakeholders.
• Develop sales materials utilizing secondary research sources (e.g. IHS Screen Digest, Ovum, ZenithOptimedia) and online data systems (Ipsos Affluent Survey/Choices, ComScore/Nielsen, GfK/Ericcson, TechEdge, ITVR, TGI).
• Work in partnership with other members of the International Research & Insight team to implement and manage ad hoc qualitative and quantitative projects.
• Track and report ad sales performance/impacts across A E local channels to drive revenue.
• Create impact reports, forecast and conversions from ratings goals.
• Use Ipsos Affluent Survey data and Choices software to develop pitches for commercial development.
• Generate consumer/industry insights utilizing syndicated research data.
• Conduct pre and post campaign evaluations to support future commitment from advertisers.
• Support Content Sales business by providing UK telecast trackers from TechEdge/AdvantEdge software.
• Work with TRP Repeat Coding Service to sync with AdvantEdge.
• Maintain quarterly global brand dashboards across 6 channels in Tableau.
• Supply weekly ratings for report automation dashboards.
Entrepreneurial attitude - develop ideas and suggestions to leverage research to grow business Strong Communicator & relationship builder Confident self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously Competency to both set their own objectives and manage their own time Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet tight deadlines Excellent presentation and written skills essential
Meticulous attention to detail Excellent numeric skills and a high level of comfort manipulating detailed and complex quantitative data
• Advanced MS Excel (including macros and charting tools)
• Advanced MS PowerPoint
• Experience working a range of international ratings software packages
• Ability to use cross-tab and other statistical packages like SNAP, SPSS etc.
• Professional market research qualifications would be a bonus
• Genuine interest in the TV business
• Awareness of the trends and changes affecting our industry (VOD, SVOD, etc.)
• Good understanding of the basics of airtime (advertising) sales
• Good understanding of the basics of programme scheduling
• Good understanding of the role played by audience measurement in the above
• Good understanding of principles of marketing and market research
• Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: TBD