Intern - Film Distribution
7th Art ReleasingLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
7th Art Releasing has been distributing award-winning films with a focus on documentaries for 25 years with multiple Academy Award nominations along with Emmys, Spirit Awards, and a long history of major festivals.
An internship position is now open for Spring and Summer 2017. Our interns learn the nuts and bolts of film distribution (acquisitions, festivals, theatrical releasing, sales, educational market and more) all with an eye toward how independent films are released out into the world. We are based in Northeast Los Angeles and our films reach the farthest corners of the globe.
Internship areas of focus include (but not limited to):
- Liaising with film festivals and providing exhibition coordination support
- Marketing and outreach through traditional online and social media campaigns, engaging with films and filmmakers
- Festival and market preparation
- Acquisitions research and pre-screening
- Supporting theatrical releases and Academy Award campaigns
- Versioning and delivery for all markets
- Film-specific research
- Assist with marketing and distribution as needed
A great attitude is key as well as strong Mac, internet and general office skills. We look for interns who are responsible self-starters with a desire to learn the business and prefer those interested in independent film and documentaries. No prior experience required, but interns must be fluent in English. Minimum of 20 hours a week.
This is an unpaid internship, but we offer meals and cover commute costs.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online